Friday, April 6, 2012

April WIPocalypse

I only worked on one piece since the last WIPocalypse update....Coral 

And I am delighted to report, she is FINISHED!  :)

Here she is:
 I've washed and pressed her and dropped her off to be framed yesterday.   This is my first official HAED finish.  I was worried I couldn't take on a HAED, but I loved every step of the way.  The confetti was a nightmare in the beginning, but I've come to actually like it and stitching with the metallics is still a little iffy for me, but I'm better at it!

This means I can mark off item # 3 and #5 from my rotation schedule.  I skipped #4 because I couldn't put Coral down until I finished her. 

I've had some wonderful things happen to me since my last update!  Holly at Holly's Crafts Blog awarded me the Liebster Blog Award!  Thank you, Holly!  I'm honored! :)

I also had my name drawn by Nancy at Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe to win her new sampler chart giveaway.  The sampler is Teach Me to Feel Another's Woes and I love it!  The verse she chose is by Alexander Pope (1688-1744) and her design brings it all together beautifully.  Here is a picture:



Today I've decided to take on the task of sorting through all my DMC floss!  Like a mad-stashing woman, I've gone on various trips to the craft store to buy floss for this chart and that chart, but then leaving it all aside to work on later.  I'm going to officially kit up 5 HAED charts, just to make sure I have all the floss I need, then make a final floss run tomorrow for any missing colors.....and then cut myself off from buying floss for the rest of the year!  (yeah...riiiiighhhhht, lesli!)   :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday weekend and you get to spend some time with family and friends...and of course, some time with needle and floss!


-lesli


Edit:  Ooops!  I lied!  I also did a little work on Wings since the last WIPocalypse update!  I was laser focused on Coral that I completely forgot.  You can see my progress on that piece here

23 comments:

Diane (di) said...

Happy Dance Lesli! She's beautiful!! You did a wonderful job stitching her.

Congratulations on your win, too!

Pull the other thread said...

Well done, it looks absolutely amazing.

Unknown said...

Awesome News Coral is so beautiful. That is a wonderful thing, and confetti is one of those things I believe tests you, and it appears you have past in flying colors

Linda said...

Wow Lesli. Congrats on the awesome finish. What a beautiful piece.

Linda

Unknown said...

She is looking very pretty, i love to see a photo of her when she is back from the framers.

Hugs Yvon.

Bekca said...

Congratulations on your first HAED finish! It looks incredible :)
Best wishes.

Katie said...

Major Major Congrats!!! She is gorgeous. I know how I felt when I finished my first HAED and it's unexplainable. It's worth that happy dance!

dulcinella said...

this is wonderful! congrats on finished such a big project. I am very curious to see how she comes looks framed.

Chelle said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I just kitted up my first HAED today with my mom's help. I'm a little frightened of it, since it's over one stitch, but I discovered that goes better when you only use one strand of floss.

I hate working with metallics. They unravel and tangle and are generally a pain in the butt, but look beautiful when finished.

Can't wait to see the finished product. Which other five HAED's did you get? I bought the fairy sitting on the purple butterfly. It just moved me. Of course, I have a million other projects I am working on and hope to have at least a finish or two this year!

Chelle
www.lifeonthedomesticfront.blogspot.com

Ewa said...

Congratulations, lesli! Does that mean you're going to stitch Cathedrals next? I LOVE Cathedrals!

Lesleyanne said...

WOW! Congrats on finishing Coral. She is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see her framed. Congrats on your wins too. Happy Easter.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Coral is beautiful. Congratulations on finishing her.
Wings is coming along well too.
Congrats too on your giveaway win,it is a beautiful design.

Veronica said...

Congratulations on the finish. Coral is stunning! Pretty design you've won.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Sally said...

Congratulations on your first HAED finish Lesli. She is gorgeous.

Maureen said...

congrats on the finish - she looks fantastic!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful finish, congratulations!!!!!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

stunning finish :D

Bev C said...

Hello Lesli,

Wow, congrats on your finish. Make sure you show us it all framed up.Good luck with your floss buys.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Stitching Noni said...

Wow Lesli, she looks gorgeous. Well done on your fab finish.

♥ Nia said...

beautiful finish!! Congrats :D

geeky Heather said...

Oh, WOW!!! She is gorgeous!!!! Congratulations on this MAJOR finish!

Kris said...

Beautiful!!!!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish! She looks great.