Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A quick update...before the Holiday is here!


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be." ~ Douglas Adams

Yes, I had some grand plans to complete 2 of my WIPs before Christmas.....alas, I'm not even close.  But, I'm not going to dwell on it...instead I'm going to change the course of my plans :)   Stressing about deadlines won't help me enjoy the holiday spirit, so I've extended my goals to ...whenever! 

All of that being said, I did make some progress on my Angel of Hope:



The white frilly section of her dress is on its way to being complete, then I'll have just a bit more of dark blue colors and I'm done. 

This past week I spent on business in Charlotte, NC...with plans to stitch in the hotel in the evenings.  Yeah right, Lesli!   Let's just say, the needle never saw the light of day.  I did have a wonderful time with friends from work that I rarely get to see in person.  Definitely worth giving up some stitch time for!

**Diet update**  I was so worried that the fun I had in NC would ruin the diet plan I'm on, but to my surprise, I came home and actually lost 3 pounds that week!!  I'm now down 22 pounds and LOVING it!! 

After returning home, I took my kiddos to do some pottery painting.  We have this cute little pottery store that allows you choose the item you want to paint and they supply all the paint, brushes and fun items for you to use.  When you're done painting, they fire it in their kiln in the next few days and you pick up your item in about a week or so.   Here's some pictures of my babies working hard on their pottery:

Ok, though not a baby anymore....this is my youngest, Kella

And this is my oldest baby, Sebastian
Sebastian painted a cute little Santa mug and Kella painted a little cup for her "choc milk", as she put it.


My weekend was spent making some blankets for Kella's daycare teachers.  I've done this the past 2 years for her teachers (she moves to a new class each year) and everyone has loved them, so this is starting to become a tradition!   Here's a picture of the finished products:



I used 2 yards of fleece fabric, one with a pattern and one as a solid color and I crochet the two pieces together and crochet a cute little border on them.  I think they turn out pretty nice and they make a great, home-made gift.

I've also spent a little time catching up on everyone's blogs, but I know I didn't get to everyone.  But, I have some vacation from working coming up in a few days, and I'm off the rest of the year, so I'll have plenty of time to catch up then!!

Most likely, I won't post again until after the Christmas Holiday so I'd like to take a quick moment to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas.  Hoping everyone has plans to spend with friends and family while relaxing and enjoying the Christmas spirit!! 


-lesli

7 comments:

Katie said...

Your stitching looks great. Love the blankets you made. The kids look like they are having a lot of fun.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you as well.

Lesleyanne said...

Great pictures of your children. My two have done this and I keep them in my special cabinet. The blankets are lovely. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

the pottery looks like fun!! I hope to do that with my son when he is old enough

dixiesamplar said...

Angel of Hope is gorgeous...and your blankets look so soft and snuggly, great gift idea!

Denise said...

Your Angel of Hope looks beautiful!
Congradulations on the weight lost!This is on my New years resolution list for 2012.
The blankets you make are really cute!I just completed 7 pillow cases for my grandkids.

Dani - tkdchick said...

You're right deadlines aren't woth stressing over. I do like to set myself a guide of when id like to complete something but for some reason I always underestimate!

Way to go on loosing 3 lbs while traveling! That's very hard to do (speaking from experience!)

Your kids are cute!

Wagapapa said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Hope you enjoy them a lot.

Your stitching looks fabulous!

Don't see your e-mail on you profile, mine is in my profile so send me an e-mail when you can, if you are interested in BRZ patterns I think I have something for you!

Have a good day!